For marine aquarists in Hampton Roads and beyond!

Curlykid's Hobby

2 replies [Last post]
curlykid
curlykid's picture
User offline. Last seen 5 years 12 weeks ago. Offline

Hey guys, I kind of fell off the face of the Earth a few months ago, and I thought it would be in order if I shared what I've been up to in the time I've been gone. I miss you guys so much, and I look back on all of the great experiences I've had, I wish I could have stayed in the hobby. Anyways, here's some pics of my new babies!

This is a Ranitomeya Summersi, a poison dart frog. I just got a sexed pair of them Wednesday, and they've already laid eggs, which is a HUGE milestone. These are pictures of the male, who is very bold in comparison to the skiddish female. I may post an FTS if there's enough interest.

Reef Chief
Reef Chief's picture
User offline. Last seen 9 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
live planted

Is it live planted? How about a waterfall? Just curious, cause one of my customers has the blue ones. I have seen it, pretty cool. His are very active. Feeds them fruit flies. Cool that you are able to a new, maybe less demanding, amphib tank.

Having a seemingly unreachable vision. Working extremely arduous against all odds. Embracing and protecting the vision turned reality. Living the dream.
Life is not so bad after all.

curlykid
curlykid's picture
User offline. Last seen 5 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks Jeff. It is planted.

Thanks Jeff. It is planted, no waterfall though, they tend to be wasted space. The particular species that guy has are the largest, most bold, one of my favorites. Mine are a bit more rare and shy. This hobby is a lot less demanding than reefing, but I still miss it a lot. I hope the shop is doing well, I may stop in some time. - Nick