For marine aquarists in Hampton Roads and beyond!

Before I Start Sawing I Have A Question

5 replies [Last post]
Kingsean
Kingsean's picture
User offline. Last seen 3 years 8 weeks ago. Offline

I have a 75 gallon tank and stand.. I have filled the tank up with my rocks, sand and water, but what I didn't do is check to see if my sump tank would fit. It is plenty of space under the tank but the stand has two doors on the front and it is separated by a piece of wood. This only allows me to run the wet/dry filter that came with it. I have my skimmer, phosban reactor and return pump all in one section and it's tight. I wanted to know anyone have had this issue? I plan on getting a new sump but I know it won't fit with this board here. Do you think if I cut this board it will fall. I will post a pic to show the board I plan on cutting. Any help would be much appreciated.

robertmi
robertmi's picture
User offline. Last seen 4 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
I had a 75 once and the stand

I had a 75 once and the stand had a piece of 1"x4" on each side of the doors with no center brace and never fell down on me. You could always put wood on the inside up against the frame and then cut the center brace out to put your sump in then either leave it like that or replace the center brace when you are done for piece of mind.

Dan1774
Dan1774's picture
User offline. Last seen 1 year 23 weeks ago. Offline
sump fitting

Sean,

you seen the sump i had in my cabinet. unfortunately i put it in there by removing the top piece of wood ( the one under the tank) before i put the tank on the stand. a soft mallet will help get the wood out, put sump in the stand, then replace wood cross-bar, and then put tank on the stand and fill it up.

Dan,

ps--do you want the other bucket of substrate i have here? I havent heard from Jeff about it.

Kingsean
Kingsean's picture
User offline. Last seen 3 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks Robert & Dan for the

Thanks Robert & Dan for the advice. I have already filled the tank and have it run now using a wet/dry filtration system. i have my skimmer, my phosban reactor pump and my return pump all in one small section of the system and it look a mess and i doubt very seriously if it is doing the job like it suppose to. For my birthday I suppose to get a trigger systems ruby 30 sump and before letting my family buy it for me I wanted to know if I could move that board without having the tank fall on me... Thanks for the advice guys and I am going to try it.. Thanks Dan for that sand I wish I would have gotten more from you but I got the tank already set up and filled with water so i don't need any sand but what you gave me worked out perfectly. And the live rock look killer in the tank, I have found some more things on it than what I had. Thanks a million.

Dan1774
Dan1774's picture
yw

your welcome sean, i am just glad it is going into a new system and know it will be up and growing in no time. Jeff is stopping by to get the rest of the substrate. That substrate you did get ought to kick start the cycle process too.

Dan1774
Dan1774's picture
substrate

5-gallon bucket still on porch if you want it...all sand/coralite...ill give it 1 more day then its going in grass as fertilizer