For marine aquarists in Hampton Roads and beyond!

Dec. get together

71 replies [Last post]
jdavison
User offline. Last seen 6 years 21 weeks ago. Offline

Going to just get this started to keep from overloading the Sep/Oct/Nov thread.
The date is going to be Sunday Dec the 6th from 12:00-4:00 this will give plenty of time for everyone to get back home.
Most everyone knows I live in NC its about an hour and 15 mins from Jeffs place. I will post address later in the thread.

I have a 5 year old son with a load of toys to play with so bring the kids. If the weather is nice I also have a nice finced in back yard with all kinds of stuff to play on so the kids can be outside.

Beer and Liqure is allowed as I am going to have a drink myself, but you must have someone that can drive home(being a fire fighter I cant let you drink and drive).

The wife was thinking of doing a baked potato bar with chilie and the fixings for food and of course xmas goodies to get the sprit going, and possibly some north cakalakie pulled barbaque.

I will have a frag tank set up with MH lighting and a power head.

Tankless! 500 gallon main with 400 gallons of sump,fuge,growout in the works. Lets go to FLA!!!!

Brian
Brian's picture
User offline. Last seen 3 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
sounds cool especially the

sounds cool especially the pulled bbq, now i'm hungry

Why yes I am a Reefer! Are you? Check Out my tank here: http://reefchief.us/forum/2009/05/06/brian-and-jaimes-120-reef

Tyler
Tyler's picture
User offline. Last seen 5 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Sounds like a good time!!

Sounds like a good time!!

*My Tanks
My father and I have a 1,000gal. system, that includes: 375, 175 ,125, 75, 3-33, and 30 gallon aquariums. With a 125 and 55gal. sump, which are two separte tanks that are joined together. We also have a 150gal. tank as its own aquarium.

jdavison
What do you all think about

What do you all think about doing a auction, no listen up before you say no. This is what we do:
1. Donations on items, IE used pumps, power heads ect
2. Coral/fish donations just if you dont have any equipment
3. 5.00 donations if you dont have 1 or 2
Every person that comes to the get together gets a raffle ticket.
After the auction we do a raffle drawing for the cash raised at the auction.

Good way to get rid of some equipment lying around and have a chance at some money.

We can get a list of equipment and corals so people will have an idea on what they want to bid on and how much they want to spend. If you want to set a reserve on the equipment you want to bring then you can let me know the day of the party and I will hold that reserve price. Just an idea.

Tankless! 500 gallon main with 400 gallons of sump,fuge,growout in the works. Lets go to FLA!!!!

Brian
Brian's picture
so if we put up items for the

so if we put up items for the auction do we get the money or does money go into the raffle pot? sounds like a good idea if we have items no one wants to trade for. but its also kinda nice coming to a meet to just trade and not come out of pocket to get a frag.

Why yes I am a Reefer! Are you? Check Out my tank here: http://reefchief.us/forum/2009/05/06/brian-and-jaimes-120-reef

jdavison
There is still a frag swap

There is still a frag swap but if you want to get into the auction then donate equip. fish or a frag. All cash goes in a pot for the drawing. This is only if everyone wants to do it if not I can come up with something else like a DIY frag plug or something.

Brian
Brian's picture
auction sounds cool to me, i

auction sounds cool to me, i have some equipment i can bring. if it is still around and not being used.

Mikeskillz
Mikeskillz's picture
User offline. Last seen 1 year 41 weeks ago. Offline
I kinda like the idea of

I kinda like the idea of doing something new instead of just hanging around a frag tank chatting it up. Got my vote.

A hobby is something you do in your spare time, but your passion is doing something you love.

curlykid
curlykid's picture
User offline. Last seen 5 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
awsome! love auctions. We

awsome! love auctions. We should bid with coral though.

klieb70
klieb70's picture
User offline. Last seen 32 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Sounds fun

That sounds like a cool idea. I guess in reality, if you are hosting, you make the rules...lol

Does anyone else use krylon to keep their corals looking good?

catty3981
User offline. Last seen 7 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
What about the people who are

What about the people who are just getting started and have nothing to trade or donate but still want to come and be social??