For marine aquarists in Hampton Roads and beyond!

Get together

73 replies [Last post]
Brian
Brian's picture
User offline. Last seen 3 years 9 weeks ago. Offline

its been suggested by a few memebers that we have a get together and chris was nice enough to envite us to his house on july 5th. i am defintley up for it. just let me know if you want me to bring anything or if you guys want to do a frag swap.

Why yes I am a Reefer! Are you? Check Out my tank here: http://reefchief.us/forum/2009/05/06/brian-and-jaimes-120-reef

c.talecki
c.talecki's picture
User offline. Last seen 5 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Get together -

July 5th - Still a little TBD as I will be in Hawaii for work for the next two weeks - I should be home around the 1st or 2nd so the 5th should be good.

'll set up a couple of 10 gals w/saltwater and powerheads for anyone who wants to bring frags - also, feel free to bring any old equipment you may want to get rid of.

Also, I have a lot of animals - cats, dogs, birds, reptiles, ginea pigs, etc... I figure I'll warn anyone prior to coming to take their benadryl!

Space / Parking is kind of tight in my cul-de-sac, so I need a good idea who is coming -

Kids are welcome, I have two boys, 7 and 2, they always love company.

Address:

1337 Fallmouth Court
Virginia Beach, VA 23464

-Chris

Remember all - This is an informal get together, a couple of SW Nerds getting together to eat some pizza, drink some beer, and just hang out...

Fill your tank with $5 bills, pour some gas in, light it on fire.......then you'll know the real cost of reefing.

Brian
Brian's picture
i'll be there maybe with my

i'll be there maybe with my better half and i'll bring some frags and maybe a couple bucks in case someone wants to sell something.

Why yes I am a Reefer! Are you? Check Out my tank here: http://reefchief.us/forum/2009/05/06/brian-and-jaimes-120-reef

geminianspark
geminianspark's picture
User offline. Last seen 4 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
are girls allowed at the get

are girls allowed at the get together? (with 8yr old son in tow?)

c.talecki
c.talecki's picture
girls -

Nah - this is really just a meeting for the He man woman haters club !

I'll make an exception this time around...

but really, of course you and your son are welcome!

Fill your tank with $5 bills, pour some gas in, light it on fire.......then you'll know the real cost of reefing.

klieb70
klieb70's picture
User offline. Last seen 19 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Count us in

I will be there. Girlfriend and 5 year old son also. I don't think I have anything to swap trade or sell, but it will be cool meeting others with the same hobby. Count us in.

Does anyone else use krylon to keep their corals looking good?

Mikeskillz
Mikeskillz's picture
User offline. Last seen 1 year 28 weeks ago. Offline
I would definitely like to

I would definitely like to come and I might have a decent size frag or two to bring too. I will let you know in advance so that you don't set up a frag tank for nothing. I can also pick up some pizzas.

A hobby is something you do in your spare time, but your passion is doing something you love.

c.talecki
c.talecki's picture
Pizza -

Now you're talking

bista
User offline. Last seen 4 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
I'll try to come!

I'll try to come, will have a 5 yr old and 20 month old. What time?

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,but by the number of moments that take you breath away!
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. >((((º>

c.talecki
c.talecki's picture
Time -

Not sure yet - problably mid afternoon or so

Brian
Brian's picture
ok its been too quiet around

ok its been too quiet around here lately. i am going to bring two suncorals; a yellow one and an orange one and probably some star polyps and a frag or two of zoos to trade if any one is interested.