For marine aquarists in Hampton Roads and beyond!

New 215 build

264 replies [Last post]
jdavison
User offline. Last seen 5 years 43 weeks ago. Offline

OK everyone made the order today. Thanks Jeff for everything. This is the list of stuff that will be here in the next week or two.
Oceanic 215 reef ready with stand and canopy
3 Icecap 250 watt MH retro kits
2 Icecap 36" double fixture T5 retros
3 Finnex 23" led lights
1 ASM G-3 skimmer
1 JBJ ATO
2 Hydor koralia mag 6 powerheads
1 RIO 32HF Return pump
1 40 gallon long sump
This is the basic list that is on the way. I will need to get a bunch of small stuff but Jeff keeps that in stock. I will be posting pictures as the work begins next week. Thanks to everyone that has helped out on getting the list of stuff together. Beer party at my house when it is up and running, if you want to drive to Murfreesboro, NC.

Tankless! 500 gallon main with 400 gallons of sump,fuge,growout in the works. Lets go to FLA!!!!

klieb70
klieb70's picture
User offline. Last seen 2 weeks 2 hours ago. Offline
Wooohooo! Roadtrip!!!

That is a long ride from the beach... Carpool roadtrip!!!
Sounds like a plan. Good luck, hope all goes smooth!

Does anyone else use krylon to keep their corals looking good?

curlykid
curlykid's picture
User offline. Last seen 4 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Remember to give the fishies

Remember to give the fishies some corona at the party, they like it. Smile

Brian
Brian's picture
User offline. Last seen 2 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
allright another build

allright another build thread. i love these. congratz on the new tank man. please take lots of pics for us with your build.

Why yes I am a Reefer! Are you? Check Out my tank here: http://reefchief.us/forum/2009/05/06/brian-and-jaimes-120-reef

Patrick
Patrick's picture
User offline. Last seen 3 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Good size tank to set up too.

Good size tank to set up too. You will have all the makings there for a nice reef.

The enemy of good enough is better.

jdavison
Thanks all. Hey Patrick I

Thanks all. Hey Patrick I guess I didnt realize you was across seas, thanks for all the help. I talked to Jeff about neutering the tangs and he said that you had showed him how to do it. There is alot of people that rely on you for info on this hobby and it is apperiacted everytime you post. Everyone have a great day and look for pics starting next week.

Tankless! 500 gallon main with 400 gallons of sump,fuge,growout in the works. Lets go to FLA!!!!

c.talecki
c.talecki's picture
User offline. Last seen 5 years 5 days ago. Offline
Starting out right -

Good work, good choices, you'll love yourself for doing it right the first time around!

Fill your tank with $5 bills, pour some gas in, light it on fire.......then you'll know the real cost of reefing.

Reef Chief
Reef Chief's picture
User offline. Last seen 1 year 18 weeks ago. Offline
T & S

Tank and stand are here. The sump is here also. I will have it fabricated by Thursday. Skimmer, LB's, bulbs and ballast have shipped. Canopy will be here tomorrow. Koralia and Rio are here too. Working on the rest.

Having a seemingly unreachable vision. Working extremely arduous against all odds. Embracing and protecting the vision turned reality. Living the dream.
Life is not so bad after all.

jdavison
Thanks for the update Jeff.

Thanks for the update Jeff. Starting on the equipment/control room tonight. I will get some pics up in the next couple days.

Reef Chief
Reef Chief's picture
User offline. Last seen 1 year 18 weeks ago. Offline
more

The canopy and skimmer are here. The sump is curing. Expecting the LB's, ballast and bulbs today.

edit, they are here too.

Having a seemingly unreachable vision. Working extremely arduous against all odds. Embracing and protecting the vision turned reality. Living the dream.
Life is not so bad after all.

jdavison