For marine aquarists in Hampton Roads and beyond!

Photo Contest

170 replies [Last post]
curlykid
curlykid's picture
User offline. Last seen 4 years 50 weeks ago. Offline

Okay, because the last topic about the POTW contest didn't kick off, I decided to move the topic here. In this MONTHLY contest there are five judges. A minimum of 20 photos posted to the contest is needed to vote, any votes placed before then will not be counted UNTIL the minimum is met. To vote just place a comment using the name of the user who posted your favorite photo. Contest will start on June 1st and stop at the very end of June. The winner will recieve a 20$ gift from jeff's store. The four judges I have chosen, including me, are: brian, klieb70, mikeskillz, and patrick. Once I place this topic would the judges please post a comment telling that they are a judge. You may start posting photos now, the monthly theme for june is....ZOANTHID. Please post only ONE photo per user. Remember a TWENTY DOLLAR GIFT from Jeff's store, reef chief, will be given to the winner.

Brian
Brian's picture
User offline. Last seen 2 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Hi every one.

I am one of the Judges. I look forward to seeing some great pictures.

Why yes I am a Reefer! Are you? Check Out my tank here: http://reefchief.us/forum/2009/05/06/brian-and-jaimes-120-reef

Mikeskillz
Mikeskillz's picture
User offline. Last seen 1 year 18 weeks ago. Offline
Judge

I'm cool with being a judge. My digital camera sucks anyway. Bring on the photos.

A hobby is something you do in your spare time, but your passion is doing something you love.

Tyler
Tyler's picture
User offline. Last seen 4 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
Can i enter??

Just woundering can empolyees enter?????

*My Tanks
My father and I have a 1,000gal. system, that includes: 375, 175 ,125, 75, 3-33, and 30 gallon aquariums. With a 125 and 55gal. sump, which are two separte tanks that are joined together. We also have a 150gal. tank as its own aquarium.

Brian
Brian's picture
User offline. Last seen 2 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
I guess all the judges would

I guess all the judges would have to agree but I don't have a problem with it as long as it was a pic from your tank and not a pic from reef chief's excellant tanks. I think that would be a little unfair since the tanks there would have so many great corals to take a pic of.

Why yes I am a Reefer! Are you? Check Out my tank here: http://reefchief.us/forum/2009/05/06/brian-and-jaimes-120-reef

dkoernert
dkoernert's picture
User offline. Last seen 7 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Do we post the pictures on

Do we post the pictures on this thread?

Patrick
Patrick's picture
User offline. Last seen 3 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
I would be glad to be a

I would be glad to be a judge.

The enemy of good enough is better.

klieb70
klieb70's picture
User offline. Last seen 9 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Thanks Curlykid, I would be

Thanks Curlykid, I would be happy to be a judge. (check you messages)

Here is an inspirational photo to kick things off!

Does anyone else use krylon to keep their corals looking good?

curlykid
curlykid's picture
Thanks klieb, the picture is

Thanks klieb, the picture is great, oh, all judges please rate photos from 1-10. Klieb, I'd give yours an 8.5. Also, dk, we do post photos on the thread.

curlykid
curlykid's picture
Tyler, employees can

Tyler, employees can participate, in fact anyone can. As long as it's their tank.

curlykid
curlykid's picture
Change of plans, judges will

Change of plans, judges will be chosing. I decided after talking with the judges that this might be less complicated than voting.