For marine aquarists in Hampton Roads and beyond!

Some pics of my 58g

304 replies [Last post]
klieb70
klieb70's picture
User offline. Last seen 9 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Here are some current pics of my 58g. It has been up and running since September 2008. It had a nearly complete teardown for a move in April 2009.
Here is some of the tank info:
It has a 20g sump with a small refugium. Pondmaster 9.5 return. Two Corallia pumps for circulation. Nova extreme pro (36") 6x39W lights. 70lbs fuji pukani live rock.
The tank inhabitants include:
2-tomato clowns, yellow tang, bi-color blenny, 6 line wrasse, 3-emerald crabs, 1 sally lightfoot crab, 1 tiger tail cucumber, serpent starfish, about a dozen and a half (+/-) red and blue hermits, and about a dozen and a half (+/-) margarita and some other snails, and finally a nassarius snail.
Assorted sps, lps and softies.
I just got a new Nikon D-60 with the 18-55mm zoom, (Still shooting in auto mode... gotta learn it, lotta buttons....lol) for the pictures. Oh yeah, you can see that I switched from a blue to a black background in the growth shots of the xenias.

Here are some tank shots

And some corals
Trumpets, Fire & Ice Zoas, Ricordia, Watermellon mushroom, Scroll coral, and Fungia Plate

Green Birds nest

Chalice

Fungia plate

Growth shot of the pulsing xenias
Jan 09

May 09

Does anyone else use krylon to keep their corals looking good?

Marshellman (not verified)
wow you can grow some coral.I

wow you can grow some coral.I love the crab and mushrooms pic......Let us see the 90

klieb70
klieb70's picture
The other tank is actually

The other tank is actually 100 gallon, but it will not get started for a while... New house and all make it tough (so she says...lol). I am gonna let this grow out, and slowly buy stuff for the 100.... Hopefully have both going in a year or so.

klieb70
klieb70's picture
Here are the sump pics: It

Here are the sump pics: It is a 20g long, I installed the glass panels for bubble trap and fuge. The fuge (DSB and chaeto) is about 3 gallons and is fed off of the return pump. It is also on an opposite light cycle. The skimmate pic is about 24 hours worth.

Sump

Skimmer/Sump

Fuge

Skimmate

Mikeskillz
Mikeskillz's picture
User offline. Last seen 1 year 18 weeks ago. Offline
Nice

Nice Tank. That live rock you have is something else. So are the corals.

A hobby is something you do in your spare time, but your passion is doing something you love.

klieb70
klieb70's picture
Thanks

Thanks

Brian
Brian's picture
User offline. Last seen 2 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
great pics! love that u show

great pics! love that u show your complete setup including the sump. gives us different ideas for our new setups.

Why yes I am a Reefer! Are you? Check Out my tank here: http://reefchief.us/forum/2009/05/06/brian-and-jaimes-120-reef

klieb70
klieb70's picture
Thanks. If you have any

Thanks. If you have any questions about what I have going on, or need different views, just let me know.

klieb70
klieb70's picture
Some more pics

Just putting some more pics. Got some others at my photobucket page recently loaded, not posted here.
http://s407.photobucket.com/albums/pp154/klieb70/Posting%20Pics/

Lobophyllia Ultra

Hammer coral

This is Beefsteak (Tomato Clown) Notice she is missing part of her gill cover... Been like that since I got her. Doesn't seem to bother her.

Yellow Polyps

Purple Cap (Starting to see some growth : ) )

Tyler
Tyler's picture
User offline. Last seen 4 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Nice tomato!! i love'em but

Nice tomato!! i love'em but there so damn mean!!!

*My Tanks
My father and I have a 1,000gal. system, that includes: 375, 175 ,125, 75, 3-33, and 30 gallon aquariums. With a 125 and 55gal. sump, which are two separte tanks that are joined together. We also have a 150gal. tank as its own aquarium.

klieb70
klieb70's picture
She has not bit me yet, but I

She has not bit me yet, but I am sure one of them will when they get bigger. I just put in the GBTA, hopefully the sybiotic relationship will bloom. The GBTA moved a few inches from where it was introduced, but can't imagine it has found paradise yet. We will see.

Here is the location after the 2nd day. It has not extended much more than this, and fully retracts at night. Is this abnormal?

Here is a better pic of the Chalice. (What kind of chalice is this Tyler? It is the one I got from "yous guys"

Gotta get the camera off auto mode, and play with the aperature... or just get a macro lens...lol