For marine aquarists in Hampton Roads and beyond!

Farewell

11 replies [Last post]
Reef Chief
Reef Chief's picture
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

I just wanted to give a proper farewell to Karl.
I am gonna miss you bro. It will take some getting used to, you not being around. Reef Chief just won't be the same. I know you have waited a long time to finally go home. I wish you and your family the best. Your the only guy who stuck be me and helped me make it. It would have been a lot harder to do it with out you. Thank you.

If anyone knows how hard it truley is to make it in the business, It is definitely you. You have seen it all!

The big man broke the mold after you or maybe you broke the mold coming out.lol If any of you have had the pleasure of meeting and really getting to know Karl, you know he has a great, big heart and is one of the most real people you will ever meet.
Deb and I will be down to visit. FL is gonna be great!

Thanks Brother
Jeff

Having a seemingly unreachable vision. Working extremely arduous against all odds. Embracing and protecting the vision turned reality. Living the dream.
Life is not so bad after all.

Patrick
Patrick's picture
User offline. Last seen 3 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Congrats Karl. I wish you all

Congrats Karl.

I wish you all the best in sunny FL. KIT.

Patrick

The enemy of good enough is better.

Tyler
Tyler's picture
User offline. Last seen 4 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
I'm gonna miss ya!!! ;)

I hope you do well in FL. I won't ever forget the great times we had a RC. You will never be forgotten at RC. I hope to come down and visit one day. Then we can have tank envy. Best of luck to your tank!! I hope you can find a job that make you dress up. (with a chicken hat) jk lol!

*My Tanks
My father and I have a 1,000gal. system, that includes: 375, 175 ,125, 75, 3-33, and 30 gallon aquariums. With a 125 and 55gal. sump, which are two separte tanks that are joined together. We also have a 150gal. tank as its own aquarium.

ultraxr (not verified)
Take care and be easy... be

Take care and be easy... be sure to cover that dome of yours with plenty of sun block! No more brawls that ends up with scars on your dome (hahaha that was a good story). Enjoy your brief time on retirement, then get your butt back up and get a J.O.B.! haha Stay in touch and hope to see you on the forums from time to time.

-Khoi

doubleduece
doubleduece's picture
User offline. Last seen 4 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
I still say he looks like a

I still say he looks like a caveman!!!!!!!!!!!

Im gonna miss you, you big lug!!!!

If I would of killed wife when I first met her, Id be out of jail by now....

GET SOME!!!!!

Reef Chief
Reef Chief's picture
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
yea

That is Kaveman with a K. haha

Having a seemingly unreachable vision. Working extremely arduous against all odds. Embracing and protecting the vision turned reality. Living the dream.
Life is not so bad after all.

Woody (not verified)
God speed Karl. Best wishes

God speed Karl. Best wishes to you and your family.
Woody

Mikeskillz
Mikeskillz's picture
User offline. Last seen 1 year 28 weeks ago. Offline
Farewell

He always reminded me of a Bouncer keeping out the troublemakers and the freshwater crowd. Farewell Karl and I wish you all the best.

A hobby is something you do in your spare time, but your passion is doing something you love.

FNG (not verified)
Take er ez

Karl aka "OS1" got me started on my reef tank, and I'd like to thank him for everything. Sure is a great guy. Gona miss you bro.

Schme2
User offline. Last seen 2 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Karl??

Who's this Karl guy you all been talking about....is it that old, big, bald headed guy that happens to be running around the store talking all the time to himself???? All kidding aside, man....it's been a real treat getting to know you and haveing you there to talk to when I come in!! I wish the best of times ahead for you.

Karl
User offline. Last seen 3 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Thank you all

I really am very grateful to all of you for the well wishes from every one. I got here and have gone to some of the stores here and really miss what I had there a lot. None of them come close to what you have there Jeff. I will have to go to 3 stores to find the corals and fish that I want. I do hope that everyone is doing great and have a truly reefy day. As soon as Sha gets a couple of minutes i will have her shot some pics of the small tank and get them on line. Take care and I will get on a bit more often.

Measure twice cut once